Friday, May 14, 2010

How DOES One Go About Getting a Tape-Worm?

Remember when you were 5 and nobody said things like "emotional eater?"  God, I miss that.
Everywhere I look, somebody skinnier than me is talking about their current diets, and I want to go all bulimic all over them.  If, you know...I WAS bulimic.
But I'm not.
I just eat.  Sometimes I eat too much.
Specifically, I eat too much when I've vowed to myself to start my diet tomorrow.
But like Ms. Joplin once said: Tomorrow never happens.
So, I just eat.
And then I eat some more.
And I don't even enjoy it.
I hate food.  Because I love it so much.

It doesn't help to have a boyfriend that's too sweet for my own good.  He knows I love food.  He's aware of my sweet tooth.  So, instead of surprising me with flowers, he surprises me with Airheads and french fries.
And it makes me want to cry.
Because I KNOW all those skinny girls are being surprised with tulips, or lilacs, or even baby's breath.

Sometimes, I visit websites about anorexia and I feel.... jealousy.  Sick, right?  I wonder if they have pointers.
What kind of a person does that?
Maybe I should just go back to hoping I get some kind of awful stomach flu and stop eating because I'm too busy vomiting.
God....that would be so sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food poisoning in Chicago made me *lose* 15 pounds when I was a freshman. Ha! That restaurant was disgusting.

Anyway, losing extra flab is so, so damned difficult and it shouldn't be. A simple equation that belies the fact that it's a hell of a lot easier to pack it on than slog it off.