Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Plaid Shirt or Death to Angels

I like to think that, just as in a Disney cartoon, I am burdened with two warring angels on my shoulders.  Except, these have nothing to do with conscience, and much more to do with shopping (ah Life, so it goes).  On my left, weighing in at 3 oz and wearing some dazzling beading is my Spending Devil.  On my right...there is a distraught little guy near convulsing: my Saving Angel (he's so tired).

Spending Devil drives me to online shopping sites, like Amazon, or Gilt Group, or HauteLook, or whatever else you can imagine, and begins piling its trophies into the shopping cart.  He whispers things to me like:

"You won't get free shipping unless we get $30 more of vital goods!"  or "If you don't get this, it'll sell out and then where else will you find a plaid shirt?"

Then, at the last minute, Saving Angel swoops in, narrowly avoiding sharpened American Express and Visa cards thrown at him, and closes out the window before the sale is complete.

Today was payday.  My shabby, disheveled cheapskate angel is tired, and I'm tempted to let him sleep in.  In situations like this, he told me to alert you all:

"Send help....or plaid shirts."

1 comment:

The Gain Card said...

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!