Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On Feminine Mystique....and Chili

I made my first chili the other day.  Came out really well, so very proud.
At the end of the night, as boyfriend is clearly ready to go to bed, my mouth decided to get all serious.
Do you still love me as much as you did?
"I love you more."  (boyfriend, I should note, is genius at deflecting the crazy)
But are you still attracted to me?
He ignores the hardened clump of chili on my chin, "Of course I am!"
Yeah, but....is there still that feminine mystique?
"...Are you saying you once had a feminine mystique?"
Indignant now.  Yes!  Of course I did!  And then the chili decided to take that moment to stage an encore.
"Oh my god.  Was....was that the dog?"
....It was the dog.
"That was you?!  That is foul!"
It was the dog!  Shuddup!  We're talking about my mystique!
"Right.  Of course you still have mystique, baby.  Wads of it.  Like a cloud surrounding you.  Right now.  Your mystique can really clear a room."  Boyfriend hurriedly goes to bed.

3 comments:

Elly Lou said...

Wait, so the dog has feminine mystique? I think I missed something.

Philip Dodd said...

Ah romance... It's such a beautiful thing. He's such a lucky man.

outoftunepiano said...

Elly Lou: I said it was the dog, and I stand by that. It is ALWAYS the dog.

Philip: I'm gonna tell him you said so. And that you said he should buy me cookies. Lots of cookies.