Wednesday, June 23, 2010

In Which I List Your Qualities

We've lived together over a year now, and it hasn't always been easy (like that time we broke up because you didn't want to spend 8 katrillion dollars on a comforter), but I like to think it has all been worth it.
In place of a birthday card, which I can't believe I forgot to get for you, I will give you, instead, a list.
What I've learned about you, who you are, what you do, what makes you tick.


1. You claim to hate it, but *if* The Bachelorette is on, and *if* you are sitting beside me, you more than participate in your fair share of yelling at the tv. I mean, my gawd, what is WRONG with that Kasey guy?

2. You hate Comic Sans. I mean, you really hate it. You would willingly tie it up to your car's back bumper, and do figure 8's around a sandy parking lot mid-day, in the dead of summer. Watch out, Papyrus, he's not too fond of you, either.

3. You definitely (don't even deny it) think lesbians are somehow smarter than the rest of us.

4. You will do just about anything for a laugh....or for an Apple product.

5. My gawd, do you love the smell of pizza places.

6. You talk to and about Watson more than I think you realize. I love how much you have bonded with him. It's always good to see a man and his dog together. Also, what isn't hilarious about when you pick up his back legs and pretend he's some kind of sub-machine gun?

7. You take Aikido very seriously, and I wonder if they know how much you practice. Your 1st kyu is going to be inspiring to watch.

8. You are one of the rare men that is willing to embarrass himself on a dance floor, just to make me happy.

9. You kind of sort of like the cat. Don't even play, you know it's true!

10. You are a loyal friend. I've never heard you tear anyone down. Instead, you love how each friendship makes you a better person.

11. You get misty-eyed when you talk about your brother, Mark, Ian, and Russ.

12. You are such a genuine pleasure. You are worth every broken dish, every crushed toe...everything.

No comments: